So you just bought a luxury car or a daily-driver you want to protect paint protection film (clear bra). A car is a large investment that you will enjoy… and protect… for years to come. The most popular and effective way to achieve this goal is investing in a paint protection film (PPF) wrap.
In addition to shielding your vehicle’s body panels from flying rocks or road debris, a PPF wrap helps to safeguard your car’s paint against fading, staining, swirling, and etching.
Below 4 Tips to consider when choosing a Paint Protection Film Wrap.
What are the most popular packages?
The nearly invisible quality is one of the top reasons why wraps are gaining traction among vehicle owners. Car owners can choose from our three most popular packages of protection that vary in accordance with the degree of coverage provided. Or they can choose to customize the coverage by adding on certain body panels or areas of concern.
- Standard Package: A bikini cut is used to partially cover your car’s hood, fenders, side mirrors, headlights, and front bumper.
- Premium Package: Full hood, full fenders, front bumper, and headlights, side mirrors.
- Full Car Wrap: This package covers every square inch of your car’s painted exterior surface. Including painted pillars.
Our premium package and full car option provide the greatest coverage and are therefore the most popular among our customers. Covering entire panels means no lines across the hood and fenders, making the installation nearly invisible.
What should you consider when picking our where/what to wrap?
If you are like most car owners, you may find yourself trying to decide how much of the vehicle you should wrap. As you compare the benefits of each of these wrap options, it is helpful to consider a few important points.
1) THE MORE YOUR DRIVE, THE MORE ITS JUSTIFIED
Generally speaking, the longer you plan to keep your vehicle, the more sense a full car wrap makes. If you plan to keep your vehicle for at least three years, the standard or premium packages should be sufficient.
If you’re going to be using it as a commuter for several years then you want to protect the forward-facing panels. And for off-roaders, you will want to protect not only the front end but also the sides of the vehicle.
2) SAVE MONEY, GET ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!
When choosing a wrap package, be sure to consider two key elements: Your current budget and the comprehensive long-term cost savings that a full-body wrap would provide. While the upfront costs might be higher, you can enjoy financial peace of mind knowing that you will not have to incur any costs for paint damage for ten years.
Can you install paint protection film on a leased car?
The dealer might get you for having “excessive” paint damage. Our standard or premium packages would be perfect for protecting the most damage-prone areas.
It is generally cheaper to wrap the entire car at once than it is to wrap it in stages. This is because we are able to fit all the kit pieces onto the film in a way that wastes little film.
3) SOME COLORS SHOW SCRATCHES MORE THAN OTHERS.
Many people are surprised to learn that their car’s color is a top point to consider when comparing wrap packages. But there are certain paint colors that make scratches and streaks more visible, making a full-body wrap a good choice. Especially when the wrapped portion of a black car looks brand new and swirl-free, while unwrapped paint will swirl and mark.
For this reason, it is highly recommended for black or very dark cars. White cars and other light paint colors, on the other hand, are less likely to show swirls, making it a little easier to get by with a standard or premium package.
4) ROUGH ROADS AHEAD, ROCK CHIPS HAPPEN EVERYDAY!
If you are someone who spends many of your waking hours behind the wheel of your car, then a full car wrap is an ideal choice. On the other hand, if you rarely drive your car or only put a few thousand miles per year on your vehicle, then a standard or premium package makes sense.
Another factor to consider is the condition of the roads you travel. If you frequent roadways that are notorious for being riddled with potholes and debris, then the full coverage is the best choice. But if you primarily drive on well-maintained local roads, your risk for paint damage is reduced.
If you’re a weekend driver and worried about rocks then doing our premium packages and rocker panels is a great choice to protect highly damage prone areas.
We also offer a thicker film for high impact areas on certain vehicles. Especially useful for sports car drivers and trucks!
How do I decide?
Clearly, there are some important factors to consider when deciding what is the best choice for your vehicle. Here are just a few reasons why vehicle owners across California trust Ghost Shield Film to protect their cars:
- Experience: Your vehicle will be treated by an expert with over 14 years of experience who has completed thousands of wraps on everything from exotics (like Ford GT’s) to everyday drivers (like F150’s or a Prius)
- Award-Winning Installers: Ghost Shield Film has received over seven industry awards, including “World’s Best Paint Protection Film Installer”
- Outstanding Quality: Suntek Ultra PPF provides the highest quality coverage and stain resistance, and includes a 10-year warranty. Made in the USA by Eastman Chemicals, not just imported from abroad.
- Impeccable Results: Our five-star customer reviews are a testament to our dedication to delivering superb results every day. No matter the job we always want our customers to leave happy with whatever services we did to their car
- Luxury, Hotrod, and Classic Car Expertise: From Bentley to Porsche to Aston Martin. Hotrods and classic cars alike. Ghost Shield Film has worked on them all. We’re ready and able to handle any year, make, and model of vehicle you’ve got! We even ensure them with Hagerty Insurance
Check out our PPF Page to learn more
We invite you to contact us at Ghost Shield Film to discover why we are California’s most trusted provider of automotive wraps, detailing, and window tint. We are happy to sit down with you and help you review your budget and your long-term vehicle plans in order to choose the vehicle wrap package that best fits your needs.